Mon, Mar 06|
Town Council Meeting
Attend in person or watch on Carroll Media Center (carrollmediacenter.org).
Time & Location
Mar 06, 2023, 7:30 PM – 10:00 PM
Mount Airy, 110 S Main St, Mt Airy, MD 21771, USA
About the Event
The regular meeting begins at 7:30 PM, but there will be a public hearing on the MXU CC Zone (Greentree) at 7:00 PM
Attend in person at Town Hall or watch live on local 23, carrollmediacenter.org, or the Town's Facebook page.TOPICS INCLUDE:
- 2023-8- Amend APFO Open Space Waiver: Provides specific guidelines to aid the Planning Commission's decision-making on whether to grant or deny an open space inadequacy waiver. For introduction
- 2022-32- MXU-CC (Greentree): Update to the zoning to prohibit uses such as vape/tobacco stores, marijuana dispensaries, and liquor stores. For adoption
- 2022-3- Blackout Period during Elections: Resolution to prevent council and planning commission votes on things like zoning, developments, charter amendments, etc. in the month before and for one month after an election. For adoption
- 2023-9- Wellhead Protection: Establishes minimum standards for dedication and acceptance by the Town of water supply wells, and wellhead and water resource protection and safety.
- Contract for S. Main St Traffic Circle (fix Chick-fil-A traffic)
- Using American Rescue Plan Act money to upgrade the water treatment plant laboratory.
- 2023-3- Budgeting for a new Police Station: Amends current fiscal year budget to include $500K for the station and add $350K+ every year after until enough funds have been saved. For adoption
Full agenda packet: https://www.mountairymd.gov/.../Agenda/_03062023-606...